Transfer Funds to Your Accounts at Other Financial Institutions
External Transfers allow you to transfer money between your ILWU Credit Union accounts and your accounts at other financial institutions through Online and Mobile Banking.
When you add an external account, you will be asked to verify your ownership of that account by confirming two small deposits that ILWU Credit Union makes into that account. There are two simple steps to add an external account.
Step 1: Add Your External Account1. Within Online or Mobile Banking, select "Menu," click on the "Services" tab, and choose "Add External Account."
2. Enter the external account number and then select the type of account using “Account Type” drop down.
3. Enter the financial institution’s routing number. These numbers are located at the bottom of a paper check or deposit slip from your checkbook.
4. Agree to the Terms and Conditions by clicking the “Continue” button.
In a few business days, two micro deposits for less than $1 will appear in your external account. Once you receive those deposits, go to the "Verify External Account" tab within ILWU Credit Union’s Online or Mobile Banking. You will need the two amounts of the micro deposits to verify your account.
Step 2: Verify Your External Account
As soon as ILWU Credit Union makes two deposits of less than a dollar each into your external account, you will be asked to verify those amounts within Online or Mobile Banking.1. Within Online or Mobile Banking, select "Menu," click on the "Services" tab, and choose "Verify External Account."
2. Select the account you would like to verify.
3. Enter the amounts of the two micro deposits that have been made into your external account.
4. Click the "Submit" button when you are finished.
Now You are Ready to Make an External Transfer
Once you verify your external account, you may start making transfers.1. Login to Online or Mobile Banking
2. Select “Menu,” click on “Transactions,” and choose “Funds Transfer.”
3. Your external account is now linked and will be listed as an option to transfer funds.
Start using External Transfers today to help you manage your accounts. If you have any questions regarding External Transfers, please call 866.445.9828, during normal business hours.
External Transfers are only available to domestic (USA) financial institutions.