ID Theft Protection
We know how important it is to protect your personal information. That is why we've partnered with ID SAFE Choice to offer our Members I-Protect identity theft protection.
- Low monthly fee $1.50
- Continuous credit monitoring
- Lost/Stolen wallet and lost document rescue, which includes Passport, drivers license, birth certificate,
car title, loan documents, marriage certificate etc.
- Debit Card disputes
- Breach event research and recovery
- Reimbursement of expenses
- Access to a professional recovery advocate
- Coverage available for family members, dependents up to 25 years of age and domestic partners
To learn more and request assistance contact us at 866.445.9828 during regular business hours.
Here are some simple tips to help protect your identity online
- Use a current web browser.
- Avoid downloading programs from unknown sources.
- Do not use your Social Security number as a username or password.
- Protect your online passwords. Do not write them down or share them with anyone.
- Protect your answers to security questions. Select questions and provide answers that are easy for you to remember, but hard for anyone else to guess. Do not write down your security questions or answers or share them with anyone. If you have selected security questions on other websites, avoid using the same questions to protect your ILWU online account. Please note that we will never ask you to provide answers to your security questions via email or text message.
- Use secure websites for transactions and shopping. Shop with merchants you know and trust. Make sure internet purchases are secured with encryption to protect your account information. Look for "secure transaction" symbols like a lock symbol in the lower right-hand corner of your web browser window, or "https://" in the address bar of the website. The "s" indicates "secured" and means the web page uses encryption.
- Always log off from any website after making a purchase with your credit or debit card. If you cannot log off, shut down your browser to prevent unauthorized access to your account information.
- Close your browser when you are not using the internet.